A program of the National School Boards Association (NSBA) and several State School Boards Associations, BuyBoard was developed to comply with state laws which require government entities to make purchases from an approved list of vendors who have gone through a competitive procurement process.
The Cooperative is governed by an 8-member Board of Directors composed of staff from the districts which formed the cooperative and representatives appointed by each of the four School Boards Associations which collaborated to enable the cooperative to be created.
BuyBoard is administered by staff at the National School Boards Association and at the Texas Association of School Boards under the terms of service agreements with the Cooperative Board of Directors.
States in BuyBoard National Purchasing Cooperative:
- Idaho School Boards Association
- Illinois Association of School Boards
- Maryland Association of Boards of Education
- Missouri School Boards Association
- Ohio School Boards Association
- Oklahoma State School Boards Association
- Pennsylvania School Boards Association
- Rhode Island Association of School Committees
- Tennessee School Boards Association
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Washington State School Directors’ Association
For complete information and to become a BuyBoard member please visit their web site at: http://www.nsba.org/services/state-association-services/service-partnerships/buyboard/about-buyboard#sthash.dMoJdub5.dpuf